Thursday, November 18, 2010

A Collection of News

Last night, another contest ended. I wasn't sure if I was winning or not considering vote counts wouldn't show up. Well, I went the The Sun News this morning, & I WON! Yaay. Won best adult costume. Prize: $100 gift card to the movies. Finding out you won something is one way to start off your day :) Thank you to all that voted.


Click image to enlarge.

Now, on a serious note, I would like to bring up an important issue; FaceBook. I happened to be looking in the activity feed yesterday & came across a post from CBS News. Now, if you have them added, you already know what I'm talking about. For those of you who don't, I shall explain. It appears that a NJ pastor is blaming FaceBook for marital problems. He ordered 50 married church officials to delete their FaceBook account or resign from their leadership. Harsh? Yes. Now before I go any further, I just want to say that this "pastor" doesn't sound like a pastor at all. More like a person trying to control other people's lives. Westboro Baptist Church comes to mind as well. If you don't agree, then I'm sorry but I'm just voicing my opinion. It's one thing to not like FaceBook, but to FORCE people to delete their account...Now that's crossing the line. I went to church up until age 16/17 & our pastor never FORCED us to do anything. Moving on before I get off topic. According to CBS News, "Miller (the pastor) said he has spoken from the pulpit before about the dangers of Facebook, asking married couples to give each other their passwords to the site." Miller also states "What happens is someone from yesterday surfaces, it leads to conversations and there have been physical meet-ups. The temptation is just too great." I'm sorry, but if your spouse is going to cheat on you with their ex, they're going to do it with or without FaceBook. FaceBook is a WEBSITE. Blaming a WEBSITE for marital issues is like blaming a website for killings. It's not FaceBook's fault the spouse decides to go to his or her ex. FaceBook didn't hold a gun to their head & tell them to do it. How stupid can one be to believe FaceBook causes marital issue. It's not FaceBook that cause marital issues, it's the people without control. If your spouse saw their ex at a store, bar, etc. the same thing would happen their just like it would have on FaceBook. If any of you agree with this so-called pastor, then I'm sorry, but I'm not taking back anything I just said. In my opinion, you can't blame a website for cheating. You can read the full article here.

Now that I'm done ranting :), the Christmas feature contest is still open. Click here for your chance to be featured during Dec 1 - Dec 25. As long as you make Christmas items, you can enter. Entry submissions will end Nov. 28, 2010 @ 11:59pm.

No comments: