Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving: the act of giving thanks

Thanksgiving is a word that, I believe, has lost it's meaning over the years. It use to mean giving thanks back to those who gave. Now, it's all about "Where's the turkey?!" or "When are we eating?" "Hurry up. The food is getting cold". I would just like to take a moment and bring back the real meaning of Thanksgiving. I'm thankful for my mom and dad for putting up with me for 22 years, my loving pets, my friends for sticking with me, my in-laws for accepting me, and the rest of my family for caring and loving me. I am also thankful for the ones that were in my life at one point, but no longer deserve that. Thank you. You made me realize I deserve better people in my life. Let's all be thankful for the things we have, small or big, and for the things we don't have. There's a reason we don't have it. To everyone traveling today, I hope you have a safe trip there and back. I'm spending time with the hubby's side and my side. Be safe during Black Friday and watch out! Don't forget to give your thanks and have a happy gobble gobble day!

To all my readers: Feel free to post blog suggestions. This is the last blog for today, but I will blog tomorrow. Just let me know what you would like to blogged about =)

No comments: