Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Wednesday Featured Member - Closeing out 2008


Today we will be closing out 2008 while featuring Etsy member, MaruMaru. MaruMaru sells and makes wonderful necklaces, bracelets, and earrings. As her shop says "Everything is clearer when you're in love" ;-) She can be found at http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5170042

Recently I had a chance to ask her some questions. Maybe it will give you a small look into her world.

1. How long have you been making the things you make?
I started my shop about a year and a half ago, and I've been loving it even more since!

2. What inspires your work?
Vintage styles and colors inspire me the most. I can't imagine life without color, so all of my items are featured in front of colorful origami papers. I love music and retro-inspired items, so I have made John Lennon, Bob Dylan, The Beatles, Marilyn Monroe, and other items to capture these moments from the past.

3. What is harder to make, necklaces, earrings, or bracelets?
Bracelets are harder to make because it uses more materials and it has to be adjustable in size. Necklaces are more fun to make knowing they sit cute around your neck and it's the first thing people will see! :)

4. With saying that,shat is the most difficult part in making any of the jewelry?
The most difficult part about making jewelry is using resin over images. My ink tends to spread when I pour resin over it. If I have black image, there will be a pink outlining to it and there's no way to get rid of it. To avoid this, I usually try to find images that are colorful so that way the pink will blend in.

5. My future sister-in-law told me about Etsy, how did you find out about it?
I found Etsy by wandering around in MySpace and seeing other shops that were advertising their store.

6. Any upcoming ideas for the new year?
I definitely want to stay focused on retro and vintage themes. I love kitsch charms, and I wanted to start using more antiqued bronze chains and settings because it has that perfect vintage tone to bring out bright colors. Also, I will definitely try to be promoting more in the new year. Thanks so much for this opportunity, it will be a great way to start off the new year!

No comments: