Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Paper Starfish

Good morning blog world. Hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday. Today we feature Paper Starfish. They are fairly new to Etsy, but have some great items.  My personal favorite is the Dachshund Pink and Green Plush Toy - Doxie Softie. It is just too cute!  Take a moment to get to know the shop and its owner.  Don't forget to check out their Etsy shop!


Q How did you come up with your shop name?
A I love paper. Stationery, wrapping paper, cards, etc. I have always had a thing for starfish. When my son was born 7 years ago, we couldn't believe it, but he had a small birthmark in the shape of a starfish! I love his little starfish.

Q Do you only sell on Etsy?
A I sell mostly by word of mouth to friends and friends of friends. I am new to the Etsy selling world.

Q What inspires you?
A Color. Fonts and different kinds of typeface are also inspiring. I love looking through Flickr for inspiration.

Q What is the hardest part of what you do?
A Finding time to make all of the ideas floating in my head into real items. Since most of my items are quilts, they take a long time to make.

Q What is one of your favorite items from your shop?
A Intersections - Modern Baby and Toddler Quilt


Q What made you decide to use Etsy instead of sites like ArtFire and MadeItMySelf?
A I shop quite a bit on Etsy so it seemed like a natural place to sell. I love finding one of a kind items and handmade goodies.

Q Is Etsy your only "job", or is it something you do on the side?
A I teach third grade at an arts integrated elementary school.

Q Are you attending any art shows in the future?
A I hope so. A local coffee shop has a great craft fair a couple of times a year.

Q Any future projects?
A I have some doll quilts listing soon and many more quilts.

"It's up to you to promote and get your items out there. Tell your friends and family what you are doing and ask them to spread the word. I have sold several quilts through people I know and now I'm working on getting others to see my items." - Paper Starfish

No comments: