Saturday, August 25, 2012

Joie Joelle Creations

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.  Today I'd like to introduce you to a shop all about smell - candles that is.  One of my favorite items from Joie Joelle Creations is Say It With Love Pink & Blue Spell Mini Candles Set .


Q: How did you come up with your shop name?
A: I have used the name Joelle for years to do my psychic readings. The name Joelle was given to me by my French teacher in high school. My real name is Joyce and the meaning behind it is joy so I decided to research a word in French that meant Joy and I found Joie. When I put both names together it sounded very good. I added creations at the end because I will expanding my shop among other things after I have done I finished doing the candles and oils.

Q: What inspires you?
A: I was encouraged by my friends and family to open my business. At that time, I was just making my candles as gifts but they inspired me to try a shop online as they felt what I was creating was unique. I also get my creations from my spirit guides. The idea just comes to me and often it’s my guides that give a title of my products. I truly feel blessed that I am able to work with them.

Q: What is the hardest part of what you do?
A: Dressing the candle takes a lot of work. Everyone’s intentions are different and when you order a personalized candle for yourself I need the time to decide what oils herbs and stones I am going to be putting in your candle. No candle is made exactly the same for each person. I take the time to read the person’s energy and feel out what herbs ,oils and stones that works best for them. A lot of research goes in my work as I do have to reference back and forth to make sure the energies feel right. I also record the candles I make on Excel. This way if the customer wants the same exact candle, I can make it for them again because I have recorded it.

Q: What is one of your favorite items from your shop?
A: I love the Money Success candle. Every time I light this candle, my business picks up and I make more money. I use it to draw in more money whether its from my doing my psychic readings or getting more business to my store.

Q: Do you only sell on Etsy? If yes, what made you decide to use Etsy instead of sites like ArtFire and MadeItMySelf?
A: Yes, I have opened my shop at other websites but so far lal my sales are coming from Etsy

Q: Is Etsy your only "job", or is it something you do on the side?
A: I work as psychic reader full time so doing this shop is a side job of mine. I have been open for only a few months but I plan on making my shop grow more in future with my own website which should be up this year. I close to having it done.

Q: Are you attending any art shows in the future?
A: I thought about doing metaphysical shows in the future but I want to create more products first before attempting to be part of any shows.

Q: Any future projects?
A:  I am going to be making bath salts, and incense later after I am done with candle making in my shop.

"Have patience and take the time to venture out there to research how to grow your business. Every sale you make is a blessing and a step in the right direction." -Joelle Chan



No comments: