When a person gets infected with the zombie virus, the virus kills their brain starting at the front & making its way to the back while skipping the core area. This area is actually kept a live by the virus. So, zombies are TECHNICALLY not brainless. Primal instintics (located in the core area) needs food to survive. This "food" can be animals, flesh, brains, etc. As a result, zombies are not just after your brains, they want EVERYTHING.
^^^Click image to go to treasury^^^
10 Things NOT to Do During an Outbreak
According to Zombiephiles.
10. Don't set zombies on fire. They smell terrible.
9. Don't get sentimental. Zombies won't.
8. Don't forget to shut the door behind you. Zombies often come over without calling first.
7. Don't keep zombies in the basement, even if they're your zombie family.
6. Don't try to reunite with friends/family over long distances.
5. Don't go down (basements/sewers/etc). Zombies can go down too.
4. Don't broadcast your presence. Zombies may be listening.
3. Don't stand in front of the window.
2. Don't get too creative with zombie defense.
1. Don't be "that one @$$hole" in your group.