These are the top gadgets you should lose/keep according to Yahoo! Finance.
1) Desktop Computer - LOSE IT
Get a laptop.
2) High-speed Internet @ Home - KEEP IT
3) Cable TV - DEPENDS
For sports, keep it. Otherwise get NetFlix, Hulu Plus, ect..
4) Point-And-Shoot Camera - LOSE IT
It takes better photos than a smartphone, but it may not always be with you. A smartphone will.
5) Camcorder - LOSE IT
Smartphones can capture video and new digital S.L.R. cameras can record HD video.
6) USB Thumb Drive - LOSE IT
File sharing does not require hardware anymore. In almost any case you can think of, you can move files around digitally via the Internet.
7) Digital Music Player - LOSE IT
Smartphones have music players now.
8) Alarm Clock - KEEP IT
9) GPS Unit - LOSE IT
Smartphones can do the same thing.
10) BOOKS - KEEP IT