Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Kirameku

Today's feature comes from Kirameku in Canada. Enjoy the Q&A & check 'em out on Etsy.

Q How did you come up with your shop name?
A It took ma a while to get settled on it, but I finally picked up this marvelous Japanese word that describes the shine of the ocean and diamonds; since I love both of them so much! :D

Q How did you hear about Etsy?
A A good friend of mine told me about the website, because the only ones I had researched were Kijiji and eBay, which I didn't really liked. Hurray for handmade! :D

Q How long have you been on Etsy?
A I have been a shop owner for a bit more than a year now, and it is a fantastic journey! :D

Q Is Etsy a full time job or something you do on the side?
A Hopefully it will become a full time job, but right now it's more a project aside.
I am a full time student at Dawson College, Montreal and have a part-time job at an art store. One more semester to go and I'll be able to devote myself to my shop completely! :D Wouhou!


Q Since you make handmade items, do you buy handmade as well?
A I try as much as possible to buy handmade as often as I can, but sometimes due to budget restrictions and shipping fees it become a huge puzzle :S. Handmade stuff is so great, I wonder why there is not even more people buying it! :D

Q Do you prefer handmade over factory made?
A 200% yes!

Q What is one of your favorite items that you've made?
A Hum, kind of hard to say, because I love them all! :D I have to say that I am super proud of my Poison Ivy Original Watercolor and that the Chandeliers Sunset Swarovski Earrings turned out so nice it was hard for me to put them fore sale! * giggles * As for the rings, I wear my very own peacock ring pretty much everyday ! :D


Q What's the hardest part about the items you make?
A The hardest part I would say is to actually stop buying supplies ! It's quite hard to try to figure out which color, pattern and size will actually be winners.

Q What inspires you?
A A lot of other artists, nature and fashion! :D

Q What would you say to a person just starting out in the handmade world?
A Read! Read as much as you can on your subject and don't get discouraged! It's a pretty hard thing that to sell on internet, but you can do it! :D

Twitter: Kirameku412
Blog: kirameku412


Tomorrow's feature: #13 - Ragademalion

No comments: