Sunday, December 5, 2010

Ants Accessories

Today's feature comes to us from Ants Accessories in California. Check out this great Q&A & don't forget to check out Ants Accessories on Etsy.

Q How did you come up with your shop name?
A My shop name was a mistake. I did not know when I joined that you couldn't change it and that it was going to be my shop name not just the user id.

Q How did you hear about Etsy?
A Some one I knew was selling some t-shirts. I already had some things on eBay and once I found Etsy I was hooked.

Q How long have you been on Etsy?
A I think it's been 3 years now.

Q Is Etsy a full time job or something you do on the side?
A Etsy is really part time. I would make things even without the shop but this gives me an outlet and motivation to keep being creative.


Q Since you make handmade items, do you buy handmade as well?
A I try very hard to support handmade and other small business. I always look on Etsy before I shop elsewhere for gifts.

Q Do you prefer handmade over factory made?
A I suppose it depends on what it is. Some things just need to be handmade. Like a baby's first blanket or an especially soft scarf. I have a serious thing for pottery. If I never bought a factory made dish it would be fine with me.

Q What is one of your favorite items that you've made?
A That is a tough one. Every time I make a new item it is my current favorite.

Q What's the hardest part about the items you make?
A I don't think what I make is especially hard. But coming up with interesting fabric combinations is what I spend more time on. And keeping things unique. I rarely make 2 of the same thing. Even if it's similar I'm sure something about it is different.


Q What inspires you?
A Everything. Fashion magazines, catalogs, and materials. If it's soft I will think of something to make out of it. I am a huge vampire fan and am constantly finding ways to incorporate that into the shop.

Q What would you say to a person just starting out in the handmade world?
A Make what you love. You may end up with it. And I find that the more honest to myself I am with what I make the more I sell.

Webiste: Ants Place
FaceBook: Ants Accessories
Twitter: antsaccessories


Tomorrow's feature: #10 - RoseyFinch

No comments: