Monday, December 13, 2010

Ang's Divine Designs

Q How did you come up with your shop name?
A I actually came up with the name before I ever opened up a shop. I was just playing around with ideas and out came Ang's Divine Designs because it contains my name also. Right now, though, tmeddie04 is how I'm known on Etsy because I wasn't aware when I signed up that my username would be my shop name.

Q How did you hear about Etsy?
A I found about Etsy through a co-worker. Someone had told her that Etsy was all the rage right now.

Q How long have you been on Etsy?
A I just got the shop set up and going this May. It really took some time to get it just right.


Q Is Etsy a full time job or something you do on the side?
A I would love to be able to make jewelry full time, but that's just not the case right now, so it's a side thing.

Q Since you make handmade items, do you buy handmade as well?
A I have bought a few items from my fellow Etsians.

Q Do you prefer handmade over factory made?
A I do prefer good quality, but whether or not I buy handmade largely depends on price. Although I have bought a few items on Etsy because I couldn't find what I was looking for in a store and I knew some creative person on here could probably do it.

Q What is one of your favorite items that you've made?
A Probably this set because it's so blingy!


Q What's the hardest part about the items you make?
A Really doing the beadweaving bracelets with the bead chips is the most time consuming, but I just love making jewelry.

Q What inspires you?
A I think my daughter really inspires me and my best friend. They both love everything I make and my 11 year old daughter wants most of it, so I usually end up making something similar for her or my best friend's daughter.

Q What would you say to a person just starting out in the handmade world?
A Well, I really haven't been extremely successful at this yet, but hopeful. I would say to them what I say to myself, stick with it if it is your passion as it is mine. The other thing I think a lot of people are looking for these days is a bargain.

FaceBook: Angs Divine Designs

No comments: