Monday, April 26, 2010

Dateline NBC: To Catch a Predator


I'm sure many of you have heard of or even watched this show. I just watched 2 hours of it tonight and realized some things about it. Number one, I feel no remorse for any of the guys on there. None what-so-ever. They were dumb stupid enough to talk to the "kid" and to even meet them. Number 2, this show is actually helping the guys out. How? Well, let me explain. The guys are going to meet the girl no matter if she were a decoy or not. He doesn't know that she's not "real". Anyhow, he gets arrested on the show before he does anything to the girl. However, if it were not a decoy, who knows what would happen. By it being a decoy, he will probably serve less time than if it wasn't a decoy and things actually happened. Number 3, these guys are complete idiots. You have guys that actually watch the show, you even have COPS show up to meet these girls. Seriously, a cop? How stupid can you be!?! And then you have the married ones. It's bad enough they're going to cheat on their wife, but with a UNDERAGE girl? Sick! I'm behind this show 100%. If they hadn't caught these guys, they would have met REAL girls and who knows what would have happened. They had a cop show up tonight and his SUV was LOADED with guns. I think they said they found a total of 800 rounds. His excuse is that he was storing them. True or not, I don't know. If the decoy was really a real underage girl, who knows what would have happened to her. Now I'm not just "bashing" on the guys, I agree that underage girls that play into these kind of talks do not help the situation at all, but that's another story. Maybe I'll blog on that one day =) So, what are your thoughts on the show? Do you watch it? Do you hate it?

No comments: