Saturday, December 5, 2009

Wiggysee Crocheted Toys




1) How did you hear about Etsy?

A friend told me about Etsy , she thought it would be a great place for me to sell my crocheted toys.

2) How did you come up with your shop name?
My husband gave me the name after I spent an entire day searching online for wiggly eyes for my toys. He thought I kept saying wiggly "I" and when I told him no eyes as the kind you see with he started calling me wigglysee. I thought the name was cute and would make a cute shop name.

3) Is Etsy your only "job", or is it something you do on the side?
I am unable to work, so Etsy is my job . It pays my internet service and nonessential items I may want..

4) What inspires you?
I walk around the toy department in the stores to see what type of toys the kids like. I also like to make toys that my grandmother used to make me as a child.

5) What is the easiest to make? The hardest?
The easiest toy I make are my silly little toys (cat, bear, dog and more). The hardest are the different styles of crocheted helicopters that I make, there are many little parts.

6) What is your favorite item that you currently have in your shop?
One of my favorite toys I have right now is my Minnie the Mime doll. She looks beautiful on a little girls bed or in a nursery.

7) What made you decide to use Etsy instead of sites like ArtFire and MadeItMySelf?
I felt that my product of crocheted toys were more of a fit with Etsy then the other venues. Other sites I checked out were more geared toward art then handmade toys.

8) Are you attending any art shows in the future?
I stopped attending craft shows several years ago. they became to expensive and time consuming.

9) Any future projects?
I am designing a new set of crocheted dolls.

No comments: