Thursday, December 31, 2009

Ending 2009 and Bringing in 2010

As 2009 ends and 2010 begins, there's a few things I'd like to change and promise myself, but I'll get to that later. Let's reflect back on 2009. 2009 was a decent year, sure it could have been better, but we can't change the past, can we? I want my 2010 to be better than this year. All kinds of stuff happened that I didn't think would ever happened. Firstly, I never thought I'd make A's and B's this semester. I thought maybe a C or B. I was very proud of myself when I saw the final grades were A and B. Very happy. Secondly, I never thought my husband would have went to college. But low and behold, he's in college now. I'm proud of him. Thirdly, I never pictured myself getting married at the age of 21, but it happened and I wouldn't change it for anything. I love the married life. Last, but not least, I never thought my relationship with my dad would be changing, and not for the good. It's a change that I fear and don't want to happen. If you've read my older posts, then you know what I mean. As a update on those, it's not getting better. I should call him? I don't have his number, but I've left messages for him to call me. Never happened. Truthfully, I haven't spoken to him since June (I think) and I haven't seen him since my wedding (April 4, 2009). It sucks. No, it more than sucks. But I've got to be a big girl here and not let it get me down. It's going to be hard, especially when birthdays and holidays come around, but I can do it...I hope.

I also want to say that 2009 seems like the year for death. With the death of M. Jackson, Billy Mayes, Brittney Murphy, Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and the many others that passed away. I hope they rest in piece. Maybe 2010 won't bring so many deaths like 2009 did.

I was looking back on my resolution post from last year. My my at the goals I had. Let's see if I stayed true to my goals.
1) Sell more things - eBay I did, but not so much on Etsy
2) Get down to my idea weight - Still have yet to reach it
3) Don't put things off till the last minute - I have deff. stayed true to that.
4) Take each day at a time and not worry about the day a head and enjoy the moment I have. - I have.
5) Finish college - Working on that still =)

And on that note, let's look at the 2010 resolutions.
1) Get more crafty and sell more on Etsy
2) Continue to do good in school and finish on time
3) Get down to my idea weight
4) Cherish every moment given.
5) Be a wonderful big sister.
6) Do whatever I set my mind to and don't be afraid.
7) Get better at Call of Duty (shh lol)

Now that I've got my resolutions out the way, I'm going to attempt to make a list of MY top 5-10 2009 movies, songs, and shows.

Top 10 Movies
1) Avatar
2) New Moon
3) Inglourious Basterds
4) Zombieland
5) The Hangover
6) I Love You, Man / 2012
7) Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs
8) Coraline
9) Up
10) Paranormal Activity

Top 5 Shows
1) Degrassi
2) True Blood
3) Family Guy
4) World's Strictest Parents
5) Dirt Jobs

Top 10 Songs
1) Forever - Drake
2) Fireflies - Owl City
3) You Belong With Me - Taylor Swift
4) Empire State of Mind - Jay-Z
5) Please, Don't Leave Me - Pink
6) Bad Romance - Lady Gaga
7) Down - Jay Sean
8) I Got a Feeling - Black Eyed Peas
9) Paparazzi - Lady Gaga
10) Halo - Beyonce



No comments: