Thursday, August 9, 2012

Salvaged Shreds

Happy Friday Eve!!!  Today I am featuring a shop based out of the Carolinas: Salvaged Shreds.  It is a very unique shop and offers a wide variety of items.  One of my favorite items from this shop is the Happy Bunny Shredded Tee Purse.  Before I fully introduce you to this shop, I just want to take a moment and say something.  As you've noticed, I do a Q & A on every shop that I feature.  This particular one was inspiring & you will see why just from the first question.  It made me realize that no matter how bad something is, you can always turn it around into something positive.  Now, I present to you, Salvaged Shreds :)


Q: How did you come up with your shop name?
A: I was molested and raped as a teen.  In order to deal with it, I used to cut up my t-shirts and make hand bags and clothing.  My mother fondly called these things shreds.  After a while, I realized that by shredding my clothing, I was releasing my anger.  I realized that every time I shredded something, I was salvaging a little piece of my messed up life.  So, there we came to Salvaged Shreds.  I put my life back together by cutting something up and putting it back together.

Q: Do you only sell on Etsy?
A: I only sell my clothing on Etsy, but I also frequent sites like Ebay for my paintings.

Q: What inspires you?
A: I suffer from several eating disorders.  What inspires me is bringing home the idea to women that they are beautiful no matter what they see in the mirror.

Q: What is the hardest part of what you do?
A:  Trying to work from home with 4 kids & pushing your self to belive in your work when things are looking down.

Q: What is one of your favorite items from your shop?
A: The red and black puppy scarf.  It's warm and fuzzy like a puppy.


Q: What made you decide to use Etsy instead of sites like ArtFire and MadeItMySelf?
A:  I hadn't heard of them.  I'm not very into knowing what's new.  I've known Etsy a wile now.

Q: Is Etsy your only "job", or is it something you do on the side?
A: My main job is being a mom.  Next comes whatever I want to do.  So, yes and no.

Q: Are you attending any art shows in the future?
A: Yes, this month on the 25th I'm doing a show with a group of artists from North Carolina.

Q: Any future projects?
A:  I'm puting together this up coming Spring to raise funds for a small animal santuary.

Inspiring Words from Salvaged Shreds: "Keep pushing; don't give up.  It's hard, yes, but you have to believe in what you do and in your self because if you work hard enough, you can make anything possible."

No comments: