Thursday, December 3, 2009

2 Great Features!

Hope everyone had a great week so far. My brother's birthday went well yesterday. I made a marble chocolate cake =) We also had BBQ chicken wings, pork-n-beans, and seasoned fries (yummy). I also made two H.I.M.(a band) necklaces last night. I ran outta black ribbon! :( I'll post photos soon in a different post =) Well, today I will be featuring TWO Etsians. Let's get started, shall we?




1) How did you hear about Etsy?
I heard about Etsy from a friend

2) How did you come up with your shop name?
The shop name is a mix of two songs I like. I thought the outcome was funny.

3) Is Etsy your only "job", or is it something you do on the side?
Etsy is a side job. I am a full time domestic engineer, but work part-time as an art instructor and financial director.

4) What inspires you?
Designs - whether on textiles or in form

5) What is the easist to make? The hardest?
The easiest to make is vintage because I don't "make" anything at all. The hardest would be anything sewn.

6) What is your favorite item that you currently have in your shop?
My favorite items are the box pouches. They're fun to have and make!

7) What made you decide to use Etsy instead of sites like ArtFire and MadeItMySelf?
I use Etsy because it was the first online venue I heard of. Plus it's visually superior.

8) Are you attending any art shows in the future?
I never attend art shows as a crafter; more as a buyer or window shopper.

9) Any future projects?
Yes, I plan on making baby/kid items in my shop (not yet open) PeanutEnvy. I have had the name on Etsy for ever and have yet to begin the venture.

Get in contact:
Twitter @ Crankheartpony
Blog @ I Dare Say



------------------------------------------------------------------------



1) How did you hear about Etsy?
I first heard about Etsy by web searching. I was looking for somewhere to sell my crafts, and this site seemed perfect for me!

2) How did you come up with your shop name?
Well, when I first found Etsy, and after I did some research on it, I was telling my boyfriend about it. He asked me what it was all about, and I spent about 20 minutes "so, long story short, this seems like something that you're really excited about", and I thought - hmmm - long story short - that's a perfect name! And there you go!

3) Is Etsy your only "job", or is it something you do on the side?
My Etsy shop is a "side" job. I work full time managing a group home of 4 mentally retarded men, aged 28-59. My crafts are my stress relief.

4) What inspires you?
I like to challenge myself. I like to look at something and say - I wonder if I could do that, or like that, but maybe if I did this....or did that... I love to experiment, but I really like making my crafts to give to people. I was doing that for a really long time, so now I make items to sell, that I would have in the past given as gifts (but I still make the gifts!! )

5) What is the easiest to make? The hardest?
Most of the things that I make in my shop I've made so many times, they're not difficult to make at all. I guess the thing that I'm making for the first time would be the most difficult. When I started making the bookmarks, it was a bit challenging to get the size and the look right, but after a few it got much easier.

6) What is your favorite item that you currently have in your shop?
I love the fingerless gloves - they were my first item and I loved making them, but I'm also partial to the flower bookmark, because I'm really pleased with the way it came out, and I think it's really pretty.

7) What made you decide to use Etsy instead of sites like ArtFire and MadeItMySelf?
Etsy seemed more community oriented. I just got a better vibe with it.

8) Are you attending any art shows in the future?
No, I won't be attending any art fares. I wanted to do a few craft fairs, but my job takes up a lot of my time. Hopefully I can start doing that next year!

9) Any future projects?
I'd like to start making more baby items - afghans and such. Also do more scarves with better, more intricate patterns!

Get in contact:
Blog @ Chaotic World, Calm Mind

No comments: