Monday, June 15, 2009

My father...

I'll start off by saying I love my father to death. He's a great father. But lately, with in the past few months, he has not been the father that I knew. The father that I knew wouldn't have missed his only son's graduation. He wouldn't have made him cry by not showing up. He would have called his only daughter on her 22nd birthday. He wouldn't have made her wait by the phone all day for a call that would never come. He would have found a way to be in his daughter's wedding and not leave before photos were taken. The father I knew wouldn't have disappointing his daughter 3 times in the past 3 months.

I see a changing father. A father who's growing away from his children. One that will be grown so far apart, he won't even be in his children's life anymore. I see a father who takes notice to his step-children instead of his own children. I don't see the father I knew anymore.

I'm just wonder, what will the next disappointment be? Will he miss my college graduation? Will he miss my brother's college graduation? Will he never call for my or my brother's birthday anymore? Or will he continue to always disappoint us?

I think I should stop looking for non-disappoint. Maybe that way the next disappointment won't hurt as bad. I wish it wasn't like this.

No comments: