Friday, June 5, 2009

I wish...

So last night was my brother's graduation. It was great, except someone was missing. My dad. He was off...fishing. Yeah, fishing instead of going to his own son's graduation. I can only image how my brother felt about that. That hurt me and I wasn't even the one graduating. My brother told me last night that he's not worrying about it, but I know he was disappointed about it. I found out today, when my mom was leaving, she saw my brother leaning on his truck. She went over there and he was crying because my dad didn't bother showing up. Don't get me wrong, my dad is a great dad, but he should have came to my brother's graduation, even if he left after my brother's named was called. At least he would have been there. Just like at my wedding. Him and my step-mom came, but left as soon as we walked out of the church. Before photos were taken and everything. They could have at least stayed. Made me feel like they were in a hurry to leave. Now, I have no photos of them from the wedding or my little step-sister who was IN the wedding. Even my graduation, he left as soon as it was over. My dad and step-mom always tell us to go see them, but they don't even come see us, not even when they drop my step-sister off at her dads, which is only 15 minutes away. They hardly even call us. Last week was the first time I even heard from my step-mom since the wedding (April 4, 2009). It's like they expect us to call and see them but they don't even do that. I love them to death but, I don't know. I just wish my dad could have been there for my brother on one of the greatest days of his life. Isn't that what fathers are supposed to do?

No comments: