Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Fam(ily): I Love You

A lot of people think family means your brothers, sisters, grandparents, aunts and uncles, mom and dad, cusins, and so on. But I don't. When I looked up the meaning of "family", here is what I found: "A social unit living together", "Parents and children", "People descended from a common ancestor", and "A person having kinship with another or others". Family to me isn't just those people I just mentioned, it's the people who have been there for you and with you from day one. The ones that you know will always be there and won't leave you hanging. The one's that would give anything if you needed. Family doesn't have to be blood. Infact they don't even have to be related to you at all. If I were to get sick and they said only my family could visit, guess what? My friends would be there too becasue they ARE my family. Sure my family consists of blood and related people, but also my best friends are my family too. Even my PETS are part of my family. So here's to MY family, you make not all be blood, but you are still my family. I love my family and am so thankful for them. I leave you with some family quotes.

"Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts."- Unknown

"To us, family means putting your arms around each other and being there."- Barbara Bush

"Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family. Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one."- Jane Howard

No comments: